Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hopeful Ever After~

Today I received a surprise package in the mail!  Those are allllways fun to get!

In the package was a book titled, The Faithful Gardener by C. P. Estes.  The new treasure had been artfully enhanced and sent to me by my OSU roommate.  She has been taking a class and talking about creating special books like this, but I didn't understand the concept until I saw her inspiring work.  It contains a pressed rose from her garden, hand-stitching, and colored artwork, to mention a few highlights.


She lives in California, the land of year round growing.  Our part of the world has a ways to catch up this spring.

I haven't read the book yet, but the title of the book reminded me of something I have been thinking lately~

gardening = optimism.  

Why else would farmers and gardeners plant little, bitty seeds in the dirt and watch for them to emerge?  To plant one must have faith in things to come, and hope for the future.

Now the snow is melting a little each day, soon the beds will be uncovered and little shoots will be coming through.  There is still a little time to read my new book, treasure the gift, and watch my little plants grow strong enough to go outside......

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon