Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Night's Drive Home~

Thursday's mean teaching a great group of folks in the evening and then a night-time drive home.  As we move into spring, the views are much better for the ride.

The thermometer in the car kept bouncing between 22* and ice.  
What does "ice" mean for a temperature reading?  
I have always wondered.

The White Alices on Anvil Mountain and glazed hills reflection the evening sun.
At 8 I called my husband and told him I was on my way but when I started driving I saw the sun, and the light, and the ice creations, the blue sky, and, and..

The road was cut in layers as you can see in the picture.  During the heat of the day, the snow melts and seeps into the cracks below or runs off of the edges forming icicles.

It is hard to tell were the edge of the road is.  The shoulder might be a ditch full of snow....can you say  "tippppping"..and stuck!  
That is what happened to a pickup earlier in the day.

Cabin on the hill.
The chunks of snow are from the snow blower on the road.


As you may have guessed,  it took me longer than ten minutes to get home, but it was a nice trip.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon