Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Nature's Tunnel~


Sometimes the water begins to move underneath the snow and ice before we ever know it is flowing.  This can create dangerous ground to walk on as the covering gets thinner, and thinner.  

While waiting for a ride from my personal pilot I found this delicious little tunnel between the Bering Air parking lot and the Snake River.
By crawling over the ice and snow berms I was able to get to both sides of it.  It looked like a cave inside with the stalactites hanging down.  The icicles inside were dripping but the  rest was pretty solid.  

My ride took this picture before...the mud was still wet so it doesn't look too bad.  Sometimes you have to be willing to crawl through the mud to get what you want, 
right :-) ....






No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon