Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Little Robin's Adventure~

As I was weeding the iris in the front bed I kept hearing birds chirping.
Since I was by one of the feeders
I didn't pay much attention to where the sounds
were coming from.

Suddenly this little robin hopped up onto the bed just a few feet away.
He started chirping at me and then moved closer.



By time I came back with my camera he had flown up onto this wheel.


Where it began calling, calling.



It's soft baby down is being replaced by feathers
and the down fluttered gently in the breeze
where it was still barely attached.


After a while the little bird went in the shelter of the 
rhubarb where it continued calling,
until the adult found it.

It must have been quite an adventure 
for a little bird.....

1 comment:

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon