Monday, June 6, 2011

Thirty Years Ago Today~

Thirty years ago today was a very lucky day for me....
The day I met my future husband!

We met in church
at his brother's wedding rehearsal.
I was a candlelighter,
he was the best man.

He had amazing blue eyes and
was wearing (yes Bonnie)  blue-
an OSU shirt he had borrowed from his brother.

He invited all of us girls to go out with the guys 
but we had things to do to get ready for the next day.
Since I would have been the only one not old enough to go the places we 
heard about at the reception, 
it is a good thing we didn't go!

While going through the reception line with The Pilot Man the next day, 
I met his parents for the first time.
After shaking hands with him, his dad said,
"Cold hands, warm heart".
Did he know something we didn't yet?

The blue-eyed pilot was living in Wyoming
where he was finishing up his contract for the USPO mail.  
He was flying mail on the original Pony Express Route.



I was a junior at OSU
who dreamed of leaving Oregon for Wyoming and Alaska
and had never even been in an airplane.


Boy, did we have a lot to talk about......


No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon