Tuesday, August 9, 2011

While I Was Gone~

While I was away from home
life there went on.
I was told the winds were kicking,
the rains pounding,
and the temps were in the 30's and low 40's!

I was happy to see sunshine
and a few surprises
when I came back.....

The soft, downy baby geese
grew larger and began to look like their parents.
.



A sow and her cubs came to visit during the night.
They left lots of tracks showing their paths
and one broken bird feeder.



My greenhouse sheltered tomatoes
which continued to ripen without much sunshine.



The Johnny-Jump Ups, broccoli, lettuce and cauliflower
that were planted outstide
thrived in spite of the whipping winds.
I am so impressed with these cool weather crops!


This little guy was in the watering can in the greenhouse.
I don't know how long he had been there
but I am glad I peeked in!

It only took a few minutes to dry out, 
and then he calmly flew away.


Summer is passing quickly.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon