Sunday, November 6, 2011

Frosting For the Cause Guest Blog~

Today I am grateful to have this opportunity
to be a part of Paula's

Frosting For the Cause



Please take the time to pop on over to her wonderful blog...
You will find great recipes, good reads
and a fantastic cause!
Because of this site over $9000 will be contributed
to guests' choices of charities
as we all work towards making a difference.


In honor of 
my great-grandmother, 
my grandpa and grandmother,
my two uncles; one who is a survivor, one who is not,
my father,
my two sister-in-laws,
my cousins,
my water ladies who keep moving,
my very missed friend, Chris,
her mother, Tiny,
my longest-time best friend, Tammy,
and too, too many others,
and their families and friends who navigate this challenging journey with them.

This post is dedicated to you~

cancer is a thief
It robs kids of a carefree childhood,
spouses of worry-free time together during their golden years,
families of financial and emotional freedom.


It is also a reminder that
what we have 
now, 
is a present to Celebrate!

Before I was married, my future mother-in-law sent 
several of her son's favorite recipes to me.
This particular recipe is now a favorite of our kids,
and hopefully, 
they will someday share it with their own kids.

It is very simple to make, TASTY to eat,
and travels well!


Jessie's Scotcharoos

For a single batch of you will need:

1 cup light Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 ounces butterscotch chips

In a large, heavy pan heat the sugar and syrup together.  


Continue stirring over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
Remove the pan from the burner.


Stir in the peanut butter.
Then add the crispy rice, mixing well.


Scoop out the crispy mix onto a deep cookie sheet. 
Pat the mix out evenly and using two or three sized round cutters, 
creating a set of circles for each little "cake".


I made mine two tier so had a one-bite small cutter..


And a three-bite cutter...


In a smaller pan, melt all of the chips together over low heat for the frosting.   
Keep stirring as they melt.


Frost the chip mix over the top of the largest layer and 
place the smaller layer on top.


I topped these little celebratory cakes off with a Forget-Me-Nots!


These were taken to
Nome's own

Walk For the Cure

The Walking Ribbons of Many Colors
are made of fondant.




Scotcharoos are especially tasty when they are still warm and soft!!

Enjoy 
as you 
Celebrate
everyday


2 comments:

  1. Yum. I think sisters post goes up tomorrow. Hang on tight and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! What do you think of my girl? We actually do not have ANY of our children for this holiday. No family at all! So weird to me! So we will spend it with some friends. A nice change of pace, I think. Anyways, have a wonderful and relaxing time together! ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon