Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Carnival Must Go On~

It is first full weekend in December
and the weekend of the Firemens' Carnival.

The firemen plan all year for this community event and do a FANtastic job with it.

The firemen (women) organize it, set it up, host most of the booths, a huge raffle, and bingo, 
then clean up after.
Community groups such as Rotary (rib dinner), Swim Team (candy wheel),
Preschool (cake walk), girls basketball (hair "spray"), 
fill some of the spots as fund-raisers.
Every year by Saturday evening it is packed,
but it a fun-filled time and the kids love it!

For some reason, we usually have a storm to go with the carnival weekend!
This year was no exception.


After a calm sunrise Friday morning the wind began to pick up,
and the snow began to blow.
Saturday all flights were cancelled..and one medivac had to be put on hold.

But the carnival did go on!

During the night, things calmed a bit, the medivac was resolved and we all slept.

Now it is Sunday morning.
The tracks left by the Pilot Man as he walked up to his pickup on the road,
are quickly disappearing.
He called from the airport to say it was a "two-post" drive to town and getting worse--
meaning he could see two reflector posts ahead in the white-out.


I have a couple of hours before I am supposed to head out to open the pool.
It sounds like the winds are picking up again 
and I see the snow getting thicker..

So I think I am going to take a few minutes to listen to one of my favorite holiday clips.
My uncle shared it with me a few years ago,  and I hope you enjoy it too!

I think we might get a White Christmas, how about you.....





2 comments:

  1. The clip was hilarious! Thanks for sharing. Glad the carnival went on as scheduled and hoping that the medivac patient is doing O.K. despite the delay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a fun clip! Glad you enjoyed it.

    All is good!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon