Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lighting Up Our Nights~

The Pilot Man woke me up at 5 AM with coffee as he headed out the door 
(he is a very nice guy),
then I started working on my big. project. to. finish. before. I left for work.
I was so focused on what I had to do, I didn't even look our the windows.

Luckily, the guy called about 7:30 and said, "Did you see the Northern Lights?"
Oh my, am I glad he was looking out for me!!

The lights stretched from the river side on the east of the house in a cosmic rainbow of color 
all of the way up and over the house to the west side.
They were the best I have ever seen at Dexter.


My pictures are blurry because I was holding the camera by hand.
It was -16 and blowing, so too cold to set up a tripod.
The windchill was -36 and I couldn't hold still.


I couldn't stop the camera shake, but I hope you can see the dancing of the lights.





They were so beautiful with such a variety of shades in their rainbow.


And then they were gone.....



1 comment:

  1. I've never seen the Northern Lights (outside of pictures) Thanks for sharing these and so glad that you didn't miss them.

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon