Monday, October 15, 2012

Quite a Lady~

When I grow up,
I hope to have half of the mojo this Lady has!


At 88, she starts her day by taking a walk every morning
and last summer she won the golfing championship for the early morning group!!
But, since I don't golf, I am relieved I won't have to keep up with her there.
She is one powerful bundle of energy
and a fabulous friend!

We met her in September 1983.


Her son, our close friend and a pilot, Doug, had an accident while on a Forest Service Fire Watch.
When she was called with the sad news she flew out to take care of things,
and meet his friends.
The next summer her and I did a girl's road-trip through Cody and Yellowstone
and saw Wyoming at it's finest!


At the young age of 12, Doug lost his dad, a pilot, in a mid-air collision over Illinois.
This Lady took care of her children, her parents, who lived to be almost 100,
and anyone else who needed her.

I love this picture of Doug's parents.

I have always been impressed with the fortitude of this woman.
Although she always claims she had no choice, I disagree.
She chooses positively to live on the sunny side
while looking at her glass as more than half-full!


This December she will turn 89, so the Pilot Man 
and I flew to Arizona to celebrate her birthday early,
and do you know what she did?

Invited us back for her 90th  :o) .....



1 comment:

  1. It's going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this enormous piece of writing to increase my knowledge.

    Also visit my web page sizegenetics review

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon