Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spaghetti, Mash Potatoes, and Pie~

If you have been a reader for a while you may remember
from a while back.

Well I get to check off another on ThE LisT 
although it was so much fun,
I would like to do it again!

Twenty-nine years (29) ago

(gosh, that seems so longgggg ago when it is written like that!)



I drove myself up to the ski hills in the Majestic Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming 
and went skiing
while the Pilot Man was up checking out Alaska.

{  can you guess how that went  ;0) }

As it turns out, THaT was the last time I was able to 
ride the lifts up and enjoy the sWiSh down hills 
through the soft, spring snow
on my very own skis, boots and poles!


In Nome, I cross-country ski...

*I am told it is actually called
Skate Skiing the way I do it
to make those funny little marks that look like wide tractor trails..*

which is perfect for our rivers and flatter hills,
and a fantastic way to get outside!

rental skis on lift

But, I always wondered if I would still like to use downhill skis,
or, more importantly,
 if I could do it and not break anything.
You know...hills, speed, control, snow, trees, speed, chair lifts, ski patrols....

Three girls and a Lake

But...
Oh, yes, I do and no, I didn't!!
HaPpY DaNcIn'!!

I did learn some new things..
Names have changed -- do you remember the former terms for these?


 Spaghetti Skis and Mash Potatoes Snow
(not to be confused with sugar or corn snow)


Pie


The Magic Carpet


A jump, a 540' and a yard sale

I completely adore the Enchanted Forest,
and the delightful company/instructors 
that day.


Hopefully it won't be 29 years until the next time!

goggled eyes

Although my old skis and boots may become lawn ornaments.....



2 comments:

  1. It looks like a good time was had by all. The video really makes it look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time discovering that you can still downhill ski. Amazing how much the equipment has changed over time though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon