Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Island Paradise~

Last week the Nursing Daughter came home for the summer.
Yeah!!
Two days later the Pilot Man and I went on a little trip.

Nice, right....no Good Momma points were earned there :-)

It was snowing..raining..snowing when we left and
I wasn't sure if we should go in case things started flooding.

After reviewing the weather maps, the Pilot Man told me that
IF
the flood started, it wouldn't until the weekend
when the weather  warmed.

So we went.
The Daughter took care of the dogs (more on +dogs later)
and didn't tell us about the little "water" issues she took care of.

We thought we may have missed a little action when we saw
the neighbors subarus parked at the bar,
before driving through shallow water to our house.

She said she didn't want to spoil our trip!!

But, things were looking okay.

We had a grand time, much of it captured on camera :-)
which I will share later.

But, today I have these shots....

We returned Saturday and the sun was just beginning to peek out.
Sunday it warmed to a sunny 48' F.

When we went in the house at 10 PM-ish,
the water had risen a bit.


In the morning the Pilot Man and Daughter/dog went up to the paved road to
do some leg work.
It was 38' with a skim of ice.

As you can see, the water rose a bit overnight. 




The Chevy grill became an ice catcher.


At 5:30 AM the water was over the edge of my flower bed 


and past the first step.


The water is a little syrupy still from the ice at 7 AM.
It moves differently when it is thick like that.


As the sun rose, it began to warm things up quickly.


We made it to a high of +58'.
The ice on the river isn't melting and moving as fast as things above us,
causing the water to flow on all sides.

The birds think it is great and it is fun to watch those who all are 
showing up to visit!


But, I am not sure if everyone is as happy about our Island Paradise these days.....




5 comments:

  1. Have you ever had to drive through such high water before? Dexter Dog does look as if he wants you to do something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to your daughter for handling things and not wanting to spoil your mini vacation. Hoping the water has receded by now and that Dexter Dog is warm, dry and fluffy once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For most recent news you have to go to see world-wide-web and on internet I found this web page as a most excellent website for most recent updates.



    Here is my web page - Sexy Bodybuilder

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to give a tube radio at least 20 to 30 minutes just
    to warm up and then you decide what frequency you want to be on and load the plate and tune them up.

    So your personal, non-commercial, watercraft is exempt from a licensing requirement.
    But mostly BBC Radios 4 and 5 because, being speech orientated, they're more like what I do, so I can learn lots from them.

    Also visit my web site radio controlled helicopters with camera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the valuable info you supply in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and test again
    here frequently. I'm rather sure I'll be told plenty of new stuff right right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

    Also visit my web blog; roulette online

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon