Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Loon Love~

Every year we have one or two 
adult loons come feed at the pond.


On this morning, a flock of in-betweens also came to visit.
Their little hairs on the back of their heads
resemble any toddler's wisps.


The adult loons are graceful divers
and cover a lot of territory underwater.
Once they dive, we can only guess where they will come up.


For a short time I was able to quietly 
take some pictures from the deck


before the youngsters were disturbed from the ground below.


There wasn't any time to change my camera settings


so I just kept shooting as they ran on the water


to build up speed and become airborne


to escape back to the river-side.....





6 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots! I love how you caught their reflection on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What wonderful shots - I've never seen Loons so these were a delight. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

It is so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for taking the time to leave a note!
I will respond to you directly by email,
Sharon